The suicide vest used in the bomb attack that killed at least 50 people and wounded dozens of others at a wedding ceremony in the southeastern Turkish province of Gaziantep late Saturday, has been found, according to local officers.
The terrorist attack took place in the Beybahçe neighborhood of the province's Şahinbey district.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack. However an extensive investigation was opened into the incident.
Death toll rises to 51 in terror attack in SE Turkey
At least 51 people were killed and dozens others wounded in a blast at a wedding ceremony on Saturday in southeastern Turkey.The “terror attack" took place in the Beybahçe neighborhood of the Şahinbey district of Gaziantep province, according to a statement by the governorship. No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, condemned the attack in a statement. “Those, who cannot overcome Turkey and try to provoke people by abusing ethnic and sectarian sensitiveness, will not prevail," he said.World leaders offer condolences for Gaziantep attack “There is no difference between the PKK which martyred 70 security personnel last month, the FETö as an actor of July 15 coup bid claiming 240 people and the possible motive of Gaziantep terror attack Daesh," he added.Suicide vest used in Gaziantep attack found In a statement, Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım condemned the bomb attack and vowed to combat terror, saying it had made a wedding ceremony into an occasion for mourning."No matter what the name of this villainous terror that meant [the loss of] innocence and life, the state, government, and nation will continue our determined fight against it," said YıldırımDeputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmuş condemned the "atrocious" and "villainous" attack in Gaziantep, praising the province's spirit of “fellowship."On Twitter, Kurtulmus offered condolences to the families of the victims and a speedy recovery for the wounded. Opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu said those behind the attack cannot shatter Turkey's unity, adding: "In a spirit of high solidarity, our people will once again sweep over all the traps laid for them."Nationalist Movement Party (MHP) leader Devlet Bahçeli said the province became the scene of a "horrific massacre." On Twitter, he suggested that the attack was an attempt to “continue the July 15 coup attempt through the channels of various organizations."Pakistan condemns terror attack on wedding in SE Turkey Arab world decries terror attack on Turkish wedding
Turkey has been the target of terrorist organizations, particularly the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) and affiliated groups such as the Democratic Union Party (PYD) and its armed wing, the People's Protection Units (YPG), and The Kurdistan Freedom Hawks (TAK) along with Daesh.
Previously the PKK conducted attacks in Elazığ, Van and Bitlis provinces, which left dozens of people, including many civilians, dead.
World leaders offer condolences for Gaziantep attack
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday expressed condolences to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan over the recent explosion that targeted a wedding celebration in the Turkish city of Gaziantep, the Kremlin press service said. "The crime committed in the midst of a wedding celebration astonishes with its cruelty and cynicism. We have once again seen that not only does terrorism not recognize the laws of a civilized society, but also the most basic norms of human morality," Putin said in a letter to Erdoğan, according to the Sputnik website. U.S. Ambassador to Turkey John Bass said that they condemn the barbaric attack on innocent civilians in Gaziantep. "We stand by our ally Turkey and pledge to continue to work closely together to defeat the common threat of terrorism," he wrote. Büyükelçi Bass’in Gaziantep'teki Terör Saldırısına İlişkin Açıklaması | 21 Ağustos 2016 pic.twitter.com/pmunjca2Tx— US Embassy Turkey (@USEmbassyTurkey) 21 Ağustos 2016 French President François Hollande said in a statement that he “strongly condemns the despicable terrorist attack in Gaziantep in Turkey during a wedding." Azerbaijan President Ilham Aliyev said the Gaziantep attack gave him a deep shock. Aliyev, in his message to Erdoğan expressed his sorrow over the incident. Je dénonce avec force l'ignoble attentat à Gaziantep. La France adresse aux autorités et au peuple turcs ses condoléances dans cette épreuve— François Hollande (@fhollande) 21 Ağustos 2016 "My deepest condolences to Turkey over the brutal terrorist attack at the wedding last night. My thoughts are with all those inflicted," the minister for the Foreign Affairs of Sweden, Margot Wallström wrote via her Twitter account.My deepest condolences to #Turkey over the brutal terrorist attack at wedding last night. My thoughts are with all affected @MevlutCavusoglu— Margot Wallström (@margotwallstrom) 21 Ağustos 2016 Jordan on Sunday condemned the terrorist attack that targeted a wedding ceremony in the southern Turkish city of Gaziantep. The minister of state for Media Affairs, Mohammad Momani, said that this cowardly attack is new proof of the obscurantism of these terrorist organizations, forces of darkness and their hostilities and hatred toward humanity and life.Death toll rises to 50 in terror attack in SE Turkey Momani renewed Jordan's call for concerted regional and international efforts to fight terrorism and root out the ideologies of forces of darkness that target civilians in the region and the world. Qatar strongly condemned and denounced the bombing, which targeted a wedding ceremony in Gaziantep.Suicide vest used in Gaziantep attack found The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the State of Qatar condemns this criminal act which contravenes all human values and principles and religions, by targeting the innocent civilians. Pakistan strongly condemned the terrorist attack and reaffirmed its solidarity with the Turkish government and its people. A bomb attack that killed at least 51 people and wounded dozens of others at a wedding ceremony in the southeastern Turkish province of Gaziantep late Saturday, has been found, according to local officers. The terrorist attack took place in the Beybahçe neighborhood of the province's Şahinbey district. No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
Arab world decries terror attack on Turkish wedding
Arab countries lined up to condemn Saturday's terrorist attack on a wedding ceremony in Gaziantep in southeastern Turkey that left 51 people dead.No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.Saudi Arabia strongly denounced the attack and offered condolences to the Turkish government and people.An official source at the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the kingdom stands in solidarity with Turkey and fully supports all measures taken against terrorism, according to the official SPA news agency.Egypt's Foreign Ministry also condemned the terrorist attack on the Turkish wedding ceremony and offered condolences to families of the victims.In a statement, ministry spokesman Ahmed Abu Zeid stressed that “the Egyptian people stand by the Turkish people in these critical moments".Qatar's Foreign Ministry also expressed condemnation of the attack, underlining Qatari support for Turkey's efforts to maintain its stability and security.The United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Jordan also condemned the attack.Yemen's Foreign Ministry, for its part, reiterated support for Turkey in its fight against terrorism.Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas also decried the attack and offered condolences to Turkish President Recep Tayyib Erdogan, the Turkish people and families of the victims. World leaders offer condolences for Gaziantep attack Suicide vest used in Gaziantep attack found Death toll rises to 51 in terror attack in SE Turkey