An important member of the PKK terrorist organization was killed during an operation in southeastern Turkey Tuesday, according to the interior ministry.
In a statement, the ministry said Hülya Eroğlu, known also by her codename Gulbahar, was among the 31 terrorists killed during a counter-terrorism operation in Bestler-Dereler region of Şırnak province.
The operation had been ongoing since Nov. 2, the statement added.
Eroğlu was said to be sole terrorist in the “red category” of the Turkish Interior Ministry’s list of wanted persons.
The Interior Ministry’s list is divided into five color-coded categories with red designated as the most wanted, followed by blue, green, orange and grey.
The PKK is listed as a terrorist organization in Turkey, the U.S., and the EU. In its over three-decade terror campaign against Turkey, more than 40,000 people have been killed.
Since the group resumed its armed campaign in July 2015, more than 1,200 people, including security force personnel and civilians, have lost their lives.
PM slams US for defending secret PKK/PYD, Daesh alliance
Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim slammed the U.S. for defending a secret deal between the PKK/PYD and Daesh to allow hundreds of terrorists to escape the besieged city of Syria's Raqqa“The U.S. assisted in evacuating armed Daesh members from Raqqa instead of clearing them from Raqqa. At least 10 of the fifty trucks were loaded with heavy weapons, and the convoy evacuated Daesh terrorists from Raqqa. Siding with a terrorist organization for demolishing another terrorist organization is not the kind of work which should be done by states,” said Yıldırım during the ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party's parliamentary group meeting in Turkish capital Ankara on Tuesday.“The armed Daesh members who were set free from there will be the reason for the massacre of innocent people first and foremost in Turkey, Europe, America and across the globe. The cooperation of states against terrorist organizations is critical,” he added.The BBC reported on Monday that a secret deal was struck between Daesh and the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), a U.S.-backed force that consists largely of PKK/PYD terrorists. The British broadcaster said a huge convoy consisting of around 50 trucks, 13 buses and more than 100 Daesh vehicles left Raqqa for Daesh-controlled territory to the southeast. The report said that Daesh also withdrew at least 10 vehicles loaded with arms and ammunition, and the fighters included foreigners alongside Iraqis and Syrians.US backs PKK/PYD deal to allow Daesh to flee Raqqah“Daesh left with their weapons and now the PKK and YPG is stationed there. Is this your prudent policy? Is this your strategic cooperation? We are seeking to rid the region of terror. The people of the region suffer the consequences of these actions. You let the terrorists go, but we will find and neutralize them,” said Yıldırım.A Pentagon spokesman defended the PKK/PYD deal to allow hundreds of Daesh terrorists to escape the besieged city of Raqqa saying it was a “local solution to a local issue.”The PYD, the Syrian branch of the PKK, which has waged war against Turkey for more than 30 years, was among the U.S.-backed SDF to take Raqqa from Daesh. The U.S. has supported the SDF, which consists of the PKK/PYD and other groups, in fighting Daesh in Syria but has largely ignored its links to the PKK. The PKK is listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the European Union and the United States.PKK, US helped Daesh terrorists flee Raqqa: BBC reportFETÖ ringleader Gülen’s extraditionThe premier also commented on his recent trip to the U.S., where he met with Vice President Mike Pence at the White House on Thursday.Yıldırım called for the extradition of Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETÖ) leader Gülen and voiced concern over the U.S.’s continued support for the PKK/PYD group during his meeting with American vice president at the White House.“We firmly told Pence that we were expecting a concrete step regarding the extradition of the FETÖ ringleader,” said Yıldırım.Yildirim said that he urged his U.S. counterpart to end all FETÖ activities in the country.FETÖ terrorists are led by U.S.-based Fetullah Gülen, who orchestrated Turkey's July 15 coup attempt and is the mastermind behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police and judiciary.US urged to stop arming PKK/PYD terror groupEuropean court rejects 25,000 Turkish 'coup bid' cases
US to arm Peshmerga to start a war with the Iraqi army: Former general
As the U.S. drops thousands of tons of bombs on the region’s ancient cities, new steps are being taken to ensure that chaos continues in the Muslim region, after the U.S. Congress has passed a resolution that involves sending 365 million dollars’ worth of weapons to Iraq’s Peshmerga. Retired Iraqi General Subhi Nazim described the U.S. plan to send more arms to the Peshmerga as an attempt to start a war with the Iraqi army, “starting in February- March of 2018, the U.S. will force the Iraqi army and the Peshmerga into war under the pretext of the Hashd al-Shaabi militia,” he noted. Nazim also pointed that the new conflict being planned by the U.S. will run parallel to other conflicts currently raging in several of the region’s countries, including Lebanon, Qatar, Yemen and Bahrain.Territorial integrity condition removedNazım, who served in the Iraqi army for 35 years, spoke exclusively to Yeni Şafak and provided shocking information about the U.S. resolution, which for the first time has not included the condition of “preserving Iraq’s territorial integrity.”‘’This is the clearest message from the U.S. that a new chapter in the war in Iraq will be launched,“ indicated Nazim. Nazim noted that while the Hashd al-Shaabi milita fought as shadow forces, along with Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) terrorists and the Peshmerga, alongside the U.S. in the operation against Daesh between 2014- 2017, the Pentagon has signaled a strategy shift after Oct. 16.Iraqi government forces on Oct. 16 captured the oil city of Kirkuk, reciprocating to an independence referendum held by the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) on Sept. 25. Upcoming war to last at least five yearsGeneral Nazim stated that the first months of 2018 will witness the beginning of the chaos plan that will be launched in Gulf countries, noting that no matter the end-result of this plan, the U.S.-Israel axis will be the sole winner of the upcoming war, which he said will last for at least five years and as a result of which over three million Muslims will lose their lives. The U.S. and its allies have killed over two million Iraqis since the beginning of the Iraqi occupation in 2003.U.S. - Israel to immediately interveneTaking into consideration how things currently stand in Iraq, Nazim says the Iraqi Army has a clear upper-hand if any upcoming war were to take place in the country, however, he noted that “Israel and the U.S. will not allow a new Oct. 16, and will immediately intervene.” “The U.S., France, UK, and Russia stopped the advance of the Iraqi army which could have overrun the entire regions under Peshmerga control within hours. The Western bloc placed their bets on Barzani, and, additionally Russia made moves to stop the U.S. and the Western bloc from taking over Erbil. Ending Barzani’s reign may have been possible that night but international actors hindered this,” concluded Nazim.Iran seized Kirkuk’s oil reservesIran has seized Kirkuk’s oil production of 60,000 barrels a day after defeating Peshmerga forces who occupied the city under the pretext of Daesh, according to Nazim, who noted that the newly reopened Pervizhan border gate with Iran from Iraq’s Diyala province has helped the Peshmerga.KRG will respect court decision banning secessionArmy retakes 6 villages in western Iraq from DaeshUS says respects PKK/PYD, Daesh agreement to evacuate terrorists from Syria