COVID-19 death toll rises in Oman, Bahrain, Libya
MİDDLE EAST

COVID-19 death toll rises in Oman, Bahrain, Libya

Morocco reports 73 new coronavirus cases

News Service AA

Health authorities in Oman, Bahrain and Libya confirmed new fatalities due to the novel coronavirus on Saturday, while Morocco reported fresh infections.


The Omani Health Ministry said three patients had died from COVID-19, while 1,006 new cases were reported over the past 24 hours.


The country's confirmed cases now stand at 22,077, including 99 deaths, and 7,530 recoveries.


In Bahrain, the Health Ministry said the country's death toll rose to 37 after two people had died from the disease, while a further 444 new cases were registered, taking the figure to 17,713.


Libya's National Center for Disease Control said one patient had died and 16 others tested positive for the virus over the past 24 hours.


Libya's confirmed cases now stand at 409, including 6 deaths, and 59 recoveries.


Meanwhile, Morocco's Health Ministry said the country's total infections rose to 8,683 after 73 new cases were recorded.
Morocco has so far confirmed 212 fatalities from the illness.


Since originating in China last December, the pandemic has claimed over 426,000 lives in 188 countries and regions. The US, Brazil and Russia are currently the world’s worst-hit countries.


Some 7.66 million cases have been reported worldwide, while some 3.63 million patients have recovered so far, according to figures compiled by the US' Johns Hopkins University.


*Ahmed Asmar contributed to this report from Ankara

+

We use cookies limited for the aims specified in the data policy and in accordance with the legislation. For details please see our data policy.